FAN EXPO Canada™ 2014« Back to Case Studies
Touchwood PR was brought on board to create and execute the media relations strategy for FAN EXPO Canada™ 2014. We initiated a strong and effective media campaign, which generated coverage in print, radio, television and online media.
We set out to achieve the following goals:
- Generate substantial and sustained positive media coverage in advance of the show to drive ticket sales
- Generate substantial media coverage during the show;
- Generate and broaden public and media awareness of FAN EXPO Canada™;
- Manage media accreditation.
We were successful in achieving the objectives set at the start of the campaign and reinforcing FAN EXPO Canada™ as a must-attend event for fans and families.
STRATEGY AND TACTICS:
We dealt with many different players including booking agents, personal publicists, producers and journalists to secure advance interview opportunities with expected FAN EXPO Canada™ guests as well as in-studio TV and radio opportunities once they arrived in Toronto. We were also able to utilize FAN EXPO Canada™ spokespersons for various interviews with entertainment, business and news media.
In the event that a guest was not available to speak to a particular outlet, we were able to develop pitches on the the many aspects and themes of FAN EXPO Canada™ including cosplay, cast reunions as well as business and trades stories.
We were also able to secure photo opportunities through the TMX with the 501st Legion as well as the cast of Nightmare on Elm Street to effectively launch FAN EXPO Canada™ weekend. At the event itself, we were able to organize and execute a well-attended press day.
- There was a FAN EXPO Canada™ guest and/or a FAN EXPO Canada™-related story on every major morning show and news program both national and local during the weekend of the event;
- The press day alleviated a lot of demand on celebrity guests to do interviews in between their sessions and satisfied media in a timely fashion so that they were able to meet their deadlines;
- Out of the 387 submissions we received, we were able to accredit 217 outlets;
- Our efforts resulted in approximately 400 million media impressions and a PR value of over $2.4M.