Feb 22, 2018« Back to News
CANADA’S INDIGENOUS SCREEN OFFICE ANNOUNCES CALL FOR LOGO DESIGN CONTEST
Jesse Wente, Director of the newly launched Indigenous Screen Office, today announced a call to Indigenous artists to submit their design ideas for the organization’s official logo.
Selected artist will be notified by April 1 and will receive monetary compensation for their work. To apply, email a JPEG image of the design and an artist statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Indigenous Screen Office was announced by the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, at the Banff World Media Festival in June 2017. The Office’s mandate is to support Canadian Indigenous screen-based industry through the development, production and marketing of Indigenous content.
The Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN), the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation/Radio-Canada (CBC/SRC), the Canada Media Fund (CMF), Telefilm Canada, the Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA), and the National Film Board of Canada (NFB) collaborated to support the Indigenous Screen Office. Associated partners include Bell Media, the Harold Greenberg Fund and VICE Studio Canada.
- Submission Deadline: March 16, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
- Number of Entries Allowed: 1
- Age Requirement: 19+
- Submission Instructions: Please submit work via email – a JPEG image of the design (and any variant versions), and a 250 word artist statement in PDF or Word Doc (Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs will NOT be accepted)
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Winner Announced by: April 1, 2018
- Remuneration: $2,500 CAD