Nov 15, 2017« Back to News
HEAVY HITTERS NETFLIX, YOUTUBE AND FACEBOOK ADDED TO SPEAKER LINEUP FOR 2018 EDITION OF CMPA’S PRIME TIME IN OTTAWA
The Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA) today announced industry innovator Elizabeth Bradley, Vice President of Content, Netflix will deliver the Friday morning keynote conversation at Prime Time 2018 in Ottawa. Content and thought leaders Joel K. Savitt, Head of Production, YouTube Originals, and Marc Dinsdale, Head of Media Partnerships, Canada at Facebook and Instagram will also participate in the conference, taking place January 31 to February 2, 2018 at The Westin in Ottawa.
The focus of this year’s Prime Time is ‘Boundless Thinking: Capitalizing on Constant Change’ and will be led by global innovators in content production and distribution. Delegates can expect a thorough look at the new platforms entering scripted production and how they’re changing the form of content, as well as an update on the SVOD marketplace, and the latest information on international trends in financing and sales.
“We are honoured to have such an esteemed group of leading-edge thinkers as our speakers at this year’s conference,” said Reynolds Mastin, President and CEO of the CMPA. “I believe it’s a testament to the importance of Canada’s role in the global production ecosystem that we are able to bring this impressive group of individuals together.”
The growing list of speakers for the 2018 edition of Prime Time boasts sought-after leaders from all areas of the creative industries. In addition to Elizabeth Bradley, Joel K. Savitt and Marc Dinsdale, the speakers announced today include:
- Aron Levitz, Head, Wattpad Studios
- Carolyn Newman, Senior Vice President, Scripted Programming, Television, Entertainment One
- Damon D’Oliveira, Partner, Conquering Lion Pictures
- Duncan Gray, Founder, Twenty Six 03
- Janet Yang, President, Janet Yang Productions
- Maria Armstrong, CEO and Executive Producer, Big Coat Media
- Michael D. Lowe, Founder, Chief Executive Officer, A Parent Media Co. Inc./Kidoodle.TV
- Noel Hedges, Executive Vice President, Acquisitions, International Distribution, Entertainment One
- Noreen Halpern, CEO, Halfire Entertainment
- Robert Cohen, CEO and Executive Producer, Media Headquarters
- Tracey Deer, Creator, Director, Writer and Executive Producer, Mohawk Princess Pictures
- Wared Seger, Co-founder and CEO, Parrot Analytics
More keynotes and speakers will be announced in the near future.