Jan 9, 2019« Back to News
Join Our Team!
Now Hiring: Publicist
Touchwood PR, a vibrant full-service public relations firm, is accepting applications for a position of Publicist.
Application Deadline: January 21, 2019
Start Date: February 2019
Term: Full-time with benefits
Touchwood PR is a full-service publicity, promotions and social media firm specializing in film, arts and culture, entertainment and events. Touchwood PR’s professionals push boundaries, think creatively, and excel at media relations, event planning, media accreditation, talent relations, promotions and crisis communications. Touchwood PR’s clients include Cineplex, FAN EXPO Canada, Soulpepper Theatre Company, Telefilm Canada, TIFF, Toronto International Festival of Authors, Word on the Street, Canadian Film Fest, Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival, Gerry Dee, and Ali Hassan, among others.
Overview/Purpose: Touchwood PR is seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a fast-paced environment to effectively develop and execute publicity and promotions campaigns for various Touchwood PR clients; maintain and enhance Touchwood PR’s reputation with media and its clients as organized, efficient, and friendly; meeting established deadlines; contributing to high morale among the team; and adhering to confidentiality policies.
Shall include but not be limited to:
- Plan and execute media relations and promotional strategies for various clients, independently or as a team;
- Provide support to team members on various projects;
- Write, edit, and circulate press releases, correspondence, and internal documents;
- Brainstorm creative ideas and strategies for campaigns;
- Develop story ideas and pitch media;
- Schedule and facilitate interviews and press days;
- Effectively manage current relationships with media and external stakeholders;
- Maintain and develop new relationships with members of the media;
- Liaise with clients and internally on all activities as required;
- Coordinate advance screenings, ticket fulfillment and distribution;
- Conduct promotional research and coordinate grassroots outreach to groups and organizations across Canada;
- Manage and liaise with campus and theatre representatives across Canada;
- Coordinate securing of promotional partners;
- Coordinate and manage evening promotional screenings and other events;
- Coordinate and manage various publicity and promotional events;
- Generate accurate, thorough, and timely post-mortem reports; maintain media audits for all generated press.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in public relations, communications, film, or journalism or related field.
- Between 3 to 5 years of publicity experience.
- Experience in promotions is required.
- Ability to plan and execute effective publicity campaigns; have experience in pitching the media and securing media coverage.
- Established relationships with local and national art and entertainment media outlets and journalists.
- Superior communications skills, both written and oral.
- Strong team player.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle a large volume of work.
- Additional languages an asset.
- Adaptable to flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Please submit cover letter, résumé and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs), by 11:59pm on January 21, 2019 BY EMAIL ONLY
Attention: Hiring Committee
*Please note Publicist Position in the subject line*
Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Touchwood PR is an equal opportunity employer.