Jan 4, 2018« Back to News
We're Hiring an Intern!
Touchwood PR, a vibrant full service public relations firm, is accepting applications for the position of Public Relations Intern.
Application Deadline: January 19, 2018
Start Date: February 5, 2018
Compensation: Honorarium provided bi-weekly
City/Town: Toronto , ON
Term: 3-month full-time internship
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of an exciting and vibrant public relations company.
The Public Relations Intern will work in a fast-paced environment, assisting in publicity and promotional efforts to promote projects by various clients. We are interested in applicants who have a specific interest in media and communications. This internship is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate of an applicable degree or diploma programme.
- Answer the main telephone line and respond to e-mail inquiries;
- Collect and distribute press clippings daily;
- Research, edit, draft, and disseminate publicity materials and creative copy;
- Conduct research on communications, client, and project-related matters, as required;
- Work closely with team members to complete time-sensitive tasks;
- Assist with coordination and on-site execution of various events;
- Assist with social media efforts, as required;
- Assist with promotional research, grassroots outreach, and securing promotional partners, as required;
- Assist with the development and regular updating of media lists and other databases;
- Various administrative duties.
- A recent graduate of a Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Communication Studies, or related degree or diploma programme;
- Superior oral and written communication skills (writing samples may be requested);
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment;
- Ability to work well individually and with a team;
- Excellent phone manner;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Familiar with Touchwood PR, its clients, and its activities;
- Interest in arts, culture, and entertainment an asset;
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends;
- Experience within in an agency setting an asset;
- Knowledge and experience using various social media platforms an asset;
- Ability to speak additional languages an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word Doc (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs) by 11:59pm on Jan 19, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note position you are applying for in subject line and where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Touchwood PR is an equal opportunity employer.
Subject: Hiring Committee: Public Relations Intern