May 11, 2017« Back to News
Touchwood PR, a vibrant full service public relations firm, is accepting applications for a position of a Publicity and Social Media Coordinator.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
Start Date: Early June (exact date TBD)
Compensation: Competitive salary
Term: 6-month contract with possibility of renewal for full time
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of exciting and vibrant public relations company.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, the Publicity and Social Media Coordinator will work in a fast-paced environment, and focus on social media efforts to promote Touchwood PR’s brand as well as projects by various clients. In addition this role will require media relations, pitching clients and projects to Canadian arts and lifestyle media. We are interested in applicants who have a specific interest in media and communications with a strong knowledge of social media platforms. This position is an ideal opportunity for a young professional who is passionate about the arts and interested in working in a boutique agency.
- Curating and executing content for social media platforms to heighten Touchwood PR’s brand;
- Assist in developing and executing social media strategy for clients;
- Research and create engaging on-brand content that will support social media communities for Touchwood and its clients;
- Monitor, respond to and moderate social media conversations on managed platforms;
- Update and manage the weekly content calendar;
- Assist in collecting creative assets and repurpose them for social media channels;
- Assist in tracking effectiveness of social media campaign for client reports;
- Updating the Touchwood PR website;
- Assist in other day-to-day social media related tasks;
- Create and execute creative pitches for assigned Touchwood clients.
- 2-4 years experience in a PR agency or Publicity team;
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms required;
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience;
- Research top influencers, competitors, and trends;
- Diploma or degree in Media and/or Communications an asset;
- Superior oral and written communication skills (writing samples may be requested);
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Experience in brand and lifestyle PR an asset;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well individually and with a team;
- High computer proficiency (knowledge of Gmail, Mail Chimp, databases, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with others creatively;
- Proficiency in graphic design tools such as Photoshop an asset;
- Familiarity with Touchwood PR and its activities;
- Passionate about arts and culture is an asset;
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends;
- French an asset.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of 3 references attached as a PDF or Word Doc (we do not accept Cloud hosting or File Sharing programs) by 11:59pm on May 31, 2017 BY EMAIL only. Please note position you are applying for in subject line. Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Touchwood PR is an equal opportunity employer.
Name: Hiring Committee: Publicity and Social Media Coordinator